The Grace 12: Service Standards for Excellence
Grace Living Centers has long been recognized for excellence in the care we provide but superior clinical care alone is not enough to reach the highest level of performance possible in our profession. Our ultimate question measurement – "What is your recommendation of this facility to others?" – is provided by those individuals and families who entrust us with their care.
For individuals in our care – and their famiies – to recommend us to their friends and neighbors, we must fulfill their unexpressed requests and resolve their unregistered complaints. The Grace 12 provides standards for service excellence that are clearly defined and intended to be the focus of each and every member of the Grace team at all times.
Developed in 2011 by an internal task force drawn from homes throughout Oklahoma and representing the major disciplines of our work, the Grace 12 reflects invaluable years of expertise, keen insights and known challenges. We recognize that true culture change takes time, dedication and perseverance. The Grace 12 Service Standards for Excellence are another way Grace Living Centers demonstrates our commitment to serving people with compassion and dignity.
The Grace 12
- Our Mission: The mission is the principle belief of our company. It must be known, owned and demonstrated by all.
- Our Vision: The vision is the measure of our excellence. It's everyone's responsibility to know it and achieve it.
- Our Values: As professionals, we will uphold our values: R.E.S.P.E.C.T. These values will be used in every interaction to ensure satisfaction, retention and loyalty.
- Our Motto: We are a family of professionals who are guests within the resident’s home. This will be honored by all employees.
- Empowerment: Each employee is empowered to support and promote a resident centered environment.
- Ownership: Never allow an issue to go unresolved. All employees should constantly strive to achieve continuity of care or services, addressing and resolving any issues to the satisfaction of our residents, their families and each other.
- Cleanliness: Superior levels of cleanliness are the responsibility of every employee.
- Be Positive: Remember, we're guests. SMILE – a positive attitude is everything. Dress appropriately, use proper vocabulary, greet and escort every guest and make positive eye contact. All eyes are on you.
- Phone Friendly: Use proper telephone etiquette. Answer the phone promptly. Talk with a smile. Don’t leave people on hold. If you answer it, you own it. No personal cell phone use while on duty.
- Safety First: Every employee is responsible for creating a safe, secure and accident-free environment for all residents, visitors and each other.
- Stewardship: Take pride in and protect our resident’s home and personal property. Conserve energy; properly maintain equipment and the environment.
- Ambassadorship: We are AMBASSADORS of GRACE inside and outside of the workplace. We will do all we can, all the time, to ensure that our residents and their families would recommend us to the community. We have a heart to admit and welcome growth.